For people who have sensitive skin or sensitive hair, the water quality is very important. Installing a whole house water filter or water soften to remove chemicals (e.g.: fluoride, chorine) as well as other contaminants seems good. However, the cost may be high, making it not suitable for someone who has a limited budget. If you don’t plan to invest a lot of money, a shower water filter is a good choice for you to protect your skin and hair.
On the market, you can find many showerheads or inline shower water filters from diffident brands. The former ones have built-in water filters, while the latter one has inline water filters which allow you to change on a regular basis. Most of them are capable of getting odors, chorine and get removed from our water. Some advanced one can even change the pH of our water to make it seem soft. Using shower filters is helpful to improve your hair and skin quality.
Inline shower filters:
This type of filters is not attached to the shower head, but installed after the shower arm.
- Most of them feature a compact design.
- Don’t need to buy a new showerhead, because it can be used with all the showerheads.
- Inline filters are easy to replace, because they are put in line.
- They may make your showerhead lower. Therefore, if your current showerhead is very low, you should consider this.
- A good solution to this is to buy a shower arm extension and this can make the showerhead not too far down.
Built-in shower head filter
This type of shower filters comes in a showerhead with a built-in filter. This means both the showerhead and the filter are a system.
- Very compact, so it is perfect for people who have limited place in their bathroom, because they will take the least amount of space.
- Don’t make you feel the showerhead has been lowered its height.
- If your current showerhead is very low, they are the best.
- You need to throw away your current showerhead.
- There are fewer showerheads available for you to choose from, but many of them have several spray patterns for you, if you like a message in a shower.
Where to Buy?
You can shower filters at your local hardware or home improvement stores. However, most of them may only carry no more than 2 brands, limiting your selections. You can buy one very conveniently, but you cannot always find the one satisfies your requirements.
Therefore, the best choice is to buy one online and there are many online retailers who have a lot of different shower filters available for you to choose from. You will not be limited to 1 or 2 brands at your local stores. Another advantage of shopping online is that there are plenty of customer reviews for you to chock, so you can easily know the pros and cons of the one you plan to buy.
However, another thing you should especially pay attention to is the cost of replacement filters. It is recommended to change the cartridge every 6 months to 12 months, depending on how much water you will use. In order to save water and extend the life of the water filter, you can buy a low flow showerhead.
If you don’t know how to start, our reviews of best shower water filter may help you quickly find what you really want.