For women, chapped lips can make you unattractive and chapped lips ever can make you feel painful. Many factors can causes dry skin, such as lack of water, age, a skin condition, etc. Well, how to get rid of dry skin? If your lips seem dry and flaky, it is time to control it, or it will become worse. Here are some tips you can have a try, such as changing the products you usually use, using a moisturizer to hydrate the dry skin etc. The following instructions are useful if you want to get rid of dry skin.
- Water is very important to keep the skin hydrated. It is highly recommended to drink 8 glasses of water per day. Drinking enough water can prevent your lips from chapping. Your lips will dry out due to lack of water. The water quality is also very important. Drinking clean and healthy water is a wise choice. You can buy a water filter to get pure water for the reason that even the tap water contains many contaminants.
- If your body is in an acid state, it is not a good signal to your health, which is also not good for your lips. So you should eat enough vegetables and fruits to make your body in a proper alkaline state. However, if you take in plenty of nutrients that your body cannot absorb, it is not good for your health. Ensuring to eat a balanced diet is the key point. If you eat too much meat and fat, adding more vegetables and fruits can help you prevent from drying lips.
- Don’t try to lick, scratch or touch the skin above lips, or the skill will become much drier, causing more problems.
- When you plan to exfoliate your body and face, count your lips in. First, you can apply a coat of lip balm to your lips, and a moisturizer is also OK. Cover your corner of your mouth that can become painfully chapped. Vaseline is also good. In order to keep the lips, you should apply them daily. You can choose one of them. Before going to bed, applying lip balm is recommended for the reason that this can keep the skin from drying out.
- You’d better not apply chopstick often because the skin around the lips maybe irritated. A good alternative is a cocoa lip balm which can make your lips moisturized.
- Run a washcloth over your lips after getting out of the shower.
If you have done some self-treatments and your lips are still dry, seeing your doctor is a good choice.